Many runners wear a running watch to keep a track of the time taken to cover a distance. Athletes and trainers specially do that. There are some watches which not only give you the time but also tell you how many calories were burnt during your run along with your heart rate. Some watches even show the route taken by you. Runners must buy a running watch of this kind. Here are some watches with these features.
1. Soleus FIT 1.0 – With a built in rechargeable battery, the Soleus is a ‘package’ watch. It has everything you need as a runner. It is highly accurate at measuring speed, pace, distance and calories burnt. This watch is water resistant up to 30m. It is very easy to set up this watch.
2. Nike+ SportWatch GPS – Powered by TomTom, this running watch finds a GPS signal quicker than any other running watch. It is a stylish watch which keeps you updated on your current location, distance covered, number of laps and calories burnt. The Nike+ SportWatch GPS running watch is waterproof. Click here for full review.
3. Garmin Forerunner 620 – This running watch has certain good and bad points. The good points being that it is a touch screen watch and has vibrating alerts enabled. It also has strong GPS signals. Coming to the drawbacks, this running watch from Garmin is too small to wear it as a normal watch and its battery life is quite limited. Click here for full review.
4. Timex Run Trainer 2.0 – This running watch is full of exciting features. It is a yet another GPS activated watch with an easy to use upgraded menu system. It has a high resolution screen and its logical interface keeps you informed of your pace and distance. It also alerts you when it’s time for you to hydrate or refuel yourself.
5. Garmin Forerunner 10 – A well priced entry level watch, this is specially meant for women. Being light and small it fits well on a woman’s wrist. It is a waterproof watch and is available in many colours. The Garmin Forerunner 10 might not be very impressive but it has good basic functions.
6. Polar RC3 – This is Polar’s first integrated GPS watch. It gives your exact heart rate, calories, pulse rate and distance. It is also capable of recording your route.
7. Nike Fuelband – This watch is equipped with a lot of impressive features. It is light in weight, it measures all your activity like distance, route, etc along with calories burnt and also syncs with your iPhone to show results. Needless to say, the Huffington Post describes this running watch as “the sports watch you never knew you needed”.
8. Suunto Ambit2 S HR – It is a big, simple, easy to use watch with a stylish design. It is compatible with the available Suunto apps.
What Running Watch Do You Wear? was last modified: October 5th, 2014 by